One of the most necessary and essential tasks in Windows 10 is the update of the operating system since there we have several bug fixes, security patches and improvement of the overall performance of the operating system.
Today we will see some practical solutions to fix the error 0X80240FFF.
Tabla de contenido
Método # 1: Pause Updates in Windows 10
This option allows for a period to pause the entire update process while internally correcting this error, but this alternative is only available for Windows 10 Pro editions.
1. To do this, we go to the “Comenzar” menu, and there we select “Ajustes.” There we click on the option “Actualizar y Seguridad“.
2. Click on the “Advanced Options” line
3. In the new window activate the switch in the section “Pause updates“.
Método # 2: Use the Windows Media Creation Tool
This option applies to all editions of Windows 10 and allows us to update the operating system by downloading the latest available updates.
This tool is available at the following link: WINDOWS MEDIA CREATION
1. Once we download it, we proceed to its execution, and it will be necessary to accept the terms of the license.
2. Then select the option “Actualizar esta PC” and follow the steps of the assistant.
Método # 3: Ejecute el Solucionador de problemas
Windows 10 includes a practical tool that gives us the possibility to solve various problems in multiple elements of the system automatically or providing possible solutions.
1. To access this utility, go to the menu:
- Actualizar y Seguridad
2. There we will click on the option “de windows Update” and then click on the button “Run the troubleshooter”:
3. Automatically initiate the analysis process in search of errors with its respective solution.
Método # 4: Restart Background Intelligent Transfer Service
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) transfers files (downloads or uploads) between a client and server and provides progress information related to transfers. In some cases, this may be the cause of the download errors in Windows 10 and for this, we must restart it.
1. To achieve this, we will use the following key combination GANAR + R y ejecuta el comando services.msc
2. In the displayed window locate the service called “Servicio de transferencia inteligente en segundo plano,” we will right click on it and select the option “Restart”:
Método # 5: Restablecer los componentes de Windows Update
This option gives us the possibility to restore the default components of Windows Update and thus validate that the updates can be received without problem.
To do this, we must access the command prompt as administrators and there execute the following commands:
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
Then, we will change the name of the folder “SoftwareDistribution” and “Catroot2” executing the following commands:
Ren C:WindowssoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old Ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
Finally, we will restart all the services executing:
net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
Método # 6: Download Updates Manually to Fix Error 0X80240FFF
Microsoft offers us the global catalog utility where we can manually download the available updates for the system, for this we can go to the following link: MICROSOFT CATALOG
There we will download the updates that we consider necessary.
Método # 7: Fix errors with DISM
DISM is an utility integrated in Windows 10 through which you can fix numerous problems associated with the system image.
To execute it, we will access the command prompt as administrators and there we execute the following:
DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth
Método # 8: Configure Windows Update Service
1. To access this service, we will use the following keys GANAR + R y ejecuta el comando services.msc
2. There locate the service called Windows Update, we right click on it and select “Propiedades“.
3. Configure the following: In the “General” tab, we define the “automáticamente” value in the “tipo de inicio” field:
4. In the “iniciar” tab we validate that this activates the “Local system account” checkbox:
Método # 9: Reset Windows 10 To Fix error 0X80240FFF
If none of the previous steps gives us an integral solution to this problem, ultimately we can resort to reinstalling the operating system and Windows 10 allows us to do it easily.
For this we go to the menu:
- Actualizar y Seguridad
Clickea en el “Comience” button located in the “Restore this PC” field and follow the steps of the wizard.
Thus, we will have various options to solve this problem of updates in Windows 10.
You may also like to know: Fix Java Error 1603 in Windows 10 [SOLVED]